Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranking The Top 10 Best Defensive Linemen in Steelers History

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    agree. but Smith was know as an incredible run stopper. for him to be in top 10-12 in history of Steelers is pretty amazing. I recall dick Lebeau saying that Aaron was the best defensive lineman he has ever seen. not coached had ever seen. pretty amazing to think of that.
    Yep one of the best run stoppers ever. To have him and Hampton plugging holes for so many years was a beautiful watch.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    uh, yeah, aaron smith at #8 is waaaaay too low. he is a much more superior player than a guy like heyward, and they have heyward at #6? sorry, that's bogus to me. I know they play different positions, but smith had FAR more impact at end, than heyward has ever had at his position
    Smith>Heyward

Agreed. Not even a doubt about it actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I think when you are talking the run sure. When you are talking getting to the QB then it is Cam easy. Two solid players with different strengths.

sure, but there's absolutely no argument to be had (at least to me) that smith was far better at what he did, than what cam currently does. in other words, if i rub a lamp and a genie pops out and tells me that i can choose 11 steelers defenders whom have played since 2000 to build an ideal defense with, i'm sure as fuck taking aaron smith before i take cam heyward

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    sure, but there's absolutely no argument to be had (at least to me) that smith was far better at what he did, than what cam currently does. in other words, if i rub a lamp and a genie pops out and tells me that i can choose 11 steelers defenders whom have played since 2000 to build an ideal defense with, i'm sure as fuck taking aaron smith before i take cam heyward
    I would probably pick them both at the same time and be happy. For me it's a 1A and 1B type situation. Remember though in a passing league you want the best pass rushers. This last year Heyward probably had his best run defense year too. With Cam's career still ongoing for me just a very hard decide. Love them both.

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12