Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What position do you think is the biggest need?

atleast 2 OL picks rnd 2 Jackson/Bredeson
    rnd 3 WR/SS Johnson/ Muse/Chinn was watching both S and although Edmunds is fast to match up with hybrid te he just takes poor angle I rather have me a smart read and react hard hitting S similar to clark, was watching muse 2019 highlights he looks lika Caucasian Clark in the making hard hitting smart has a knack for being in the right place. Chin is another big hard hitter who, I see is more of a steady but not flashy SS.
    rnd 4 OT? Durant LSU big powerful RT to groom in behind Fielier or possibly in 2 years flip to LT? opr have a competition as AJ cap hit is rising and his pass protection is just declining.
    I would love to see us draft Hudson trade both rnd 6 picks into 5 to secure him.who played the viper spot and you could use him in sub packages when ola comes in at edge and do a overload blitz
    Last edited by F83; 03-28-2020 at 08:46 AM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Degrees of COACHING, let the seat get hot.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Looking at 2021 we have 56 million in salary cap space. But looking at 2021 we are without our LT, RT, DE, RB, WR, OLB, and CB starters. That isnít even talking about the backups like Banner, Alualu, and McCullers or the sub package starters like Hilton or the 31+ year olds that will be URFA after 2021 like DeCastro, Pouncey, ROETHLISBERGER.

We have lots of work to do with very little draft picks to do it. I feel the Steelers will be movers in April trying to stockpile picks for 2020 and 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I guess the 3-3-5 will be like our base D with so many 3 WR (and or catching TEs) formations on O?
    Heyward Wormley Tuitt
    Watt Bush Dupree
    Haden Edmunds Hilton Fitzpatrick Nelson

Given the lack of depth at ILB it makes sense, also it would help a lot againt teams that run from that formations and leave us thin at the front 4.
    I just hate that 2 Dlinemen front

second round - an offensive playmaker if one is there. don't care if it is WR, RB, or TE. Just someone who can step in and be a threat to take something to the house...even better if pick can return kicks/punts.

from there out, fill out depth at ILB, DL, OL.

oh, and after the draft, find punter competition.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    second round - an offensive playmaker if one is there. don't care if it is WR, RB, or TE. Just someone who can step in and be a threat to take something to the house...even better if pick can return kicks/punts.

from there out, fill out depth at ILB, DL, OL.

oh, and after the draft, find punter competition.
    Hoot-ie your just not blowing fish. I think WR and RB is stronger and should be more attractive options than at TE sitting there in 2. If all things are equal which position sees the field quicker? Juggling scenarios seems to always come back to RB.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Hoot-ie your just not blowing fish. I think WR and RB is stronger and should be more attractive options than at TE sitting there in 2. If all things are equal which position sees the field quicker? Juggling scenarios seems to always come back to RB.

lol on Hootie reference. points for that.
    I know TE is a bad year...i just threw it in for completeness. I think the player will be RB or WR in the second. WR is more likely to give us a return threat than an RB, but RB may also be forward looking to possible post JC after next season. In hte end, i am find with either as long as we get someone who can gives us some sort of homerun threat on O or ST.

A lot depends on Ben's health... how many more seasons will he play? Will he stay healthy for all of this season? So, a QB has to be on the radar soon.

Re-stock the O-line and get one of these badass WRs that will be available.

I believe in building from the trenches out.

HC..............this team has had more than enough talent to go farther than we have.

The biggest need, as in a position or unit that needs to upgrade the starter?

Head Coach, NT/DT, Punter, Running Back, Special Teams coach.

Depth needs:

C/G
    S
    Edge
    ILB
    OLB

PS: I say keep Matt Feiler at Right Tackle. He's decent there. I don't care which average player starts at the other guard spot. It would be very risky moving Feiler to Guard and having Okorafor start at Right Tackle. I didn't like Okorafor pick. There was a competition in camp for the RT spot in 2019. It wasn't close.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The biggest need, as in a position or unit that needs to upgrade the starter?

Head Coach, NT/DT, Punter, Running Back, Special Teams coach.

Depth needs:

C/G
    S
    Edge
    ILB
    OLB

PS: I say keep Matt Feiler at Right Tackle. He's decent there. I don't care which average player starts at the other guard spot. It would be very risky moving Feiler to Guard and having Okorafor start at Right Tackle. I didn't like Okorafor pick. There was a competition in camp for the RT spot in 2019. It wasn't close.
    So for you RB isn't depth need? You feel like it's necessary to have another starter? If Snell does the 2nd year jump you only really need is a 3rd down back for the passing game

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    So for you RB isn't depth need? You feel like it's necessary to have another starter? If Snell does the 2nd year jump you only really need is a 3rd down back for the passing game
    He is minimizing the O-line concern. I am so thankful cooch isn't our GM.

Really thankful.

Biggest need is certainly LG, C, OL in general.

But you want the biggest immediate improvement, one player that can make the team a championship contender RIGHT NOW, that player is RB. Conner is not the guy. Injuries are a repeated issue with him and we cannot pretend otherwise. A top-tier RB added on to Juju, Washington, DJ, the TE's, and an OL that can be helped with a later pick, added on to this defense?

Yes, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

If they don't think JC is the future featured back, running back. JK Dobbins and Jonathan Taylor could be there in the 2nd round.

Very high on Dobbins. Not sure he will be there in 2 but if he was they should do a Steelers sprint right up to the podium.

Very high on Dobbins. Not sure he will be there in 2 but if he was they should do a Steelers sprint right up to the podium.

I think it will be teleconferencing calls................. So FASTEST fingers ever and maybe eison could do a fake podium sprint for us.......

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Very high on Doobies. Not sure he will be there in 2 but if he was they should do a Steelers sprint right up to the podium.

fixed that for yaz

US Veteran

Taylor has been better imo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast