Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HC Mike Tomlin Releases Statement on Mason Ruldoph

HC Mike Tomlin Releases Statement on Mason Ruldoph

The Browns Myles Garrett was back on television this week after he was reinstated by the NFL. He stat down with ESPN to talk about his fight with Mason Ruldoph and how things went so wrong. He again explained that Ruldoph called him a “stupid n-word”. That’s what caused him to lose control of himself […]

More...

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Miles is a liar and a racist race baiter. It is really that simple.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Liar and everyone knows it. I really hope Mason takes up for his name and doesn't let this coward keep smearing him.

The Following User Likes This Post:

If it had went down like he said it had, there is no question in my mind that it would have been like this: Kitchens "Myles, what happened" Garrett "He called me a stupid N-Word". Kitchens to media "While we do not support Myles Garrett's actions tonight, there were circumstances that we will be bringing up in his defense with the league."
    But what really happened was this:
    Myles Garrett gave Rudolph a semi late hit on A COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS PLAY. Rudolph struggled on the bottom and grabbed Garrett's face mask first. Garrett responded by starting a full on manhandle of Rudolph. Rudolph responded with a pretty weak kick at Garret's groin. Garrett lost his shit. EVERYTHING SINCE HAS BEEN SPIN.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Garrett absolutely would’ve been telling the players on the field and coaches on the sideline Rudolph said that immediately after it happened.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Garrett would have been yelling that he called me the “n word” on the field as he was ripping Rudolph’s helmet off. Garrett also would have never apologized a day after before he was suspended.. once the apology didn’t work to avoid suspension, then he had to turn to the old race card..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    If it had went down like he said it had, there is no question in my mind that it would have been like this: Kitchens "Myles, what happened" Garrett "He called me a stupid N-Word". Kitchens to media "While we do not support Myles Garrett's actions tonight, there were circumstances that we will be bringing up in his defense with the league."
    But what really happened was this:
    Myles Garrett gave Rudolph a semi late hit on A COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS PLAY. Rudolph struggled on the bottom and grabbed Garrett's face mask first. Garrett responded by starting a full on manhandle of Rudolph. Rudolph responded with a pretty weak kick at Garret's groin. Garrett lost his shit. EVERYTHING SINCE HAS BEEN SPIN.
    Good play by play of what likely transpired.

Kitchens did allude to something in the post game... it clearly was spin though... the browns were desperately trying to avoid losing their defensive mvp for the season...

Honestly Rudolph need to sue him for his whole paycheck. This is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Kitchens did allude to something in the post game... it clearly was spin though... the browns were desperately trying to avoid losing their defensive mvp for the season...

Honestly Rudolph need to sue him for his whole paycheck. This is unacceptable
    Do you remember what he alluded too?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    Do you remember what he alluded too?
    Yeah I'd like to hear this as well.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

steelers got to get on top of this they should boycott any games Garrett plays in. this is wrong on so many fronts but mostly its most grievous toward blacks that went through the worst of real racism. I'm not that old that i can't remember the first black player to ever suit up for Alabama crimson tide. in fact we all remember him.... he coaches defense for the steelers. hard to believe it wasn't that long ago. for guys like him who never cried aloud "oh pity me" who never took a knee in front of the flag, but soldiered on against all circumstance so others who came later would have it better this claim by Garrett is beyond horrible. every city in usa or even the world has a history of hate and prejudice either based on ethnic differences or race but WPA and Pittsburgh has made great progress way more so than anywhere else in the country... steelers have long history of proof of that... they need to call for a full investigation into this and it has to come from the Pittsburgh side or boycott browns games pure and simple. this is one they can't paper over or we will regret it for as long as they play football in our beloved WPA "the cradle".

The twitterverse is calling Mason a racist because he's a Trump fan. I'm no Trump fan but that is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyguru View Post
    The twitterverse is calling Mason a racist because he's a Trump fan. I'm no Trump fan but that is pathetic.
    I guess if he was a communist all would be well in the media. So they destroy a guy over a lie. Fucking sad times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    I guess if he was a communist all would be well in the media. So they destroy a guy over a lie. Fucking sad times we live in.
    I think it's more about race than economics.

Lifetime Member

I'm happy to see our HC backing his players. Seems like that got missed in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    I'm happy to see our HC backing his players. Seems like that got missed in this thread...
    Agree with you berm

But I'll bet it takes 2 days or less before AB or Myles Garrett calls out Tomlin as being an " Uncle Tom" for supporting Mason. misery loves company........build yourself up by bringing others down philosophy

It’s just crazy that that language and word is used often amongst black athletes and it’s somehow OK.... wrong is wrong and nothing gets better until that term stops being used.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    I've been impressed with his support of Mason in this. Good job Tomlin. I think it's a positive step in healing from this asshats actions and statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Skott View Post
    It’s just crazy that that language and word is used often amongst black athletes and it’s somehow OK.... wrong is wrong and nothing gets better until that term stops being used.
    You are so correct...... changes need to come for the sake of everyone

Jussie Garrett

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast