Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Hey Roger (and Bob)- This is how you handle cheating!

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    0

    Hey Roger (and Bob)- This is how you handle cheating!

    MLB commissioner hands down penalties to the Astros for their cheating scandal which involved using electronic equipment to steal signals and gain an unfair competitive advantage. (Sounds familiar right?)

    One year suspension for the manager and GM
    Loss of 1st AND 2nd round pick for next 2 yrs
    $5 million fine.

    Astros owner subsequently fired coach and GM.

    That is how you keep the integrity of the game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Super Dave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    118
    Boston Red Sox Manager tainted too...….He was told to expect punishment.

    He left Houston, went straight to New England and said Hold my Beer

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #3
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    13,978
    Rep Power
    351
    The big question amongst baseball was "how long this had been going on" . THAT too is one of the BIG questions on the CHEATRIOTS scheme.

    I like the HEAVY definate punishment. Bilicheat should have been lifetime banned at least twice now. Kraft should have been forced to sell franchise at least once for the continuation of allowing the cheating acts. Ernie should be lifetime banned for his part. Now Brady is a little more delicate because he isn't actually committing the cheating acts but benefiting from them. Removal of the titles and accolades in his name. Sort of like Lance Armstrong.

    If the "rog" would actually do something near this he could actually gain and garner back the trust of the general public. I realize this will never happen but eventually it will all come out and I hope to be here and able to receive that satisfaction required.



    GO STEELERS !!!!



    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #4
    Most INtelligent Poster

    CoolieMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Boston Red Sox Manager tainted too...….He was told to expect punishment.

    He left Houston, went straight to New England and said Hold my Beer
    reports are he is the one who set it up in Houston while he was bench coach here

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Super Dave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    118
    Coolie- I had to look up Bench Coach- Not that familiar with baseball terminology

    Bench coach duties

    The bench coach serves as an in-game advisor to the manager, offering situational advice, and bouncing ideas back and forth in order to assist the manager in making game decisions. If the manager is ejected, suspended, or unable to attend a game for any reason, the bench coach assumes the position of acting manager.

    This is a shame- The Astros World Series run was the most enjoyable that I had ever watched outside of the Pittsburgh Pirates Victories in 71 & 79

    Alex Cora is the BOSOX Manager with the tight sphincter.
    Last edited by Super Dave; 01-14-2020 at 09:56 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfreak View Post
    MLB commissioner hands down penalties to the Astros for their cheating scandal which involved using electronic equipment to steal signals and gain an unfair competitive advantage. (Sounds familiar right?)

    One year suspension for the manager and GM
    Loss of 1st AND 2nd round pick for next 2 yrs
    $5 million fine.

    Astros owner subsequently fired coach and GM.

    That is how you keep the integrity of the game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Hey Goodell I see you, merry go fuck yourself.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    reports are he is the one who set it up in Houston while he was bench coach here
    Really? I doubt whether he is.

  8. #8
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    13,978
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Really? I doubt whether he is.

    REALLY, expand on this please.




    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  9. #9
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    13,978
    Rep Power
    351
    I still hold contention that billicheat actually started his "movement" while in cleveland. OWNER found out or was uncooperative and the opening came about in cheatsville with a conducive owner. Billicheat went there and honed his cheatriot creativity. What else can explain his rise to power. Ernie was acquired while billicheat was still in cleveland.



    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    The big question amongst baseball was "how long this had been going on" . THAT too is one of the BIG questions on the CHEATRIOTS scheme.

    I like the HEAVY definate punishment. Bilicheat should have been lifetime banned at least twice now. Kraft should have been forced to sell franchise at least once for the continuation of allowing the cheating acts. Ernie should be lifetime banned for his part. Now Brady is a little more delicate because he isn't actually committing the cheating acts but benefiting from them. Removal of the titles and accolades in his name. Sort of like Lance Armstrong.

    If the "rog" would actually do something near this he could actually gain and garner back the trust of the general public. I realize this will never happen but eventually it will all come out and I hope to be here and able to receive that satisfaction required.



    GO STEELERS !!!!



    Salute the nation
    This would be the only way to convince the average thinking fan that the nfl has any integrity.

    It won't happen. Losers.

    I feel like a huge part of my life was torn from me. I just can't get into it anymore.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  11. #11
    FNG

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry, but any punishment that doesn't include stripping the title is "glazing". I like how they came out and punished, but why in the hell should they keep the title of World Champs? Same shit for the Cheats - they should be stripped of their titles every fucking time their cheating gave them an edge to win it all! Is it worth it to cheat in order to get the title and a ring? Hell yeah!!! So what that your GM and HC is fired and that you get a $5 million dollar fine and draft picks removed. You still keep the rings and title. Besides, I'm sure the team received more than $5 mill. in revenues for the win!

    PS. The POS players should give their fucking rings back or at least be forced to give them back!

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  12. #12
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, i just think when you knowingly use tech to cheat its an instant lifetime ban, period... throw the baby out with the bathwater just once and everyone starts making sure they never leave their baby in the bath...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  13. #13
    Most INtelligent Poster

    CoolieMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Really? I doubt whether he is.
    Really? no one gives a shit

  14. #14
    Most INtelligent Poster

    CoolieMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Coolie- I had to look up Bench Coach- Not that familiar with baseball terminology

    Bench coach duties

    The bench coach serves as an in-game advisor to the manager, offering situational advice, and bouncing ideas back and forth in order to assist the manager in making game decisions. If the manager is ejected, suspended, or unable to attend a game for any reason, the bench coach assumes the position of acting manager.

    This is a shame- The Astros World Series run was the most enjoyable that I had ever watched outside of the Pittsburgh Pirates Victories in 71 & 79

    Alex Cora is the BOSOX Manager with the tight sphincter.
    oddly enough, I believe the Astros had better numbers on the road that season. Wins, average, runs scored, were higher away from the park where they were stealing signs....sounds like they should have just not waste the time

  15. #15
    Was going to start a thread about this. Stark contrast in the way the league and team handled this. I applaud both. The NFL and Roger's handling of what happened was a joke.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I still hold contention that billicheat actually started his "movement" while in cleveland. OWNER found out or was uncooperative and the opening came about in cheatsville with a conducive owner. Billicheat went there and honed his cheatriot creativity. What else can explain his rise to power. Ernie was acquired while billicheat was still in cleveland.



    Salute the nation
    Ready for some good ole-fashioned Wig Conspiracy Conjecturing?

    If what you say above has any credence whatsoever... One has to ponder the unique success Baltimore (the old Browns) have had over the years against the P*ts. Did they indeed, have some notion of the types of strategies ole Hoody might employ?

    Just conjecture mind you. But an interesting thought.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  17. #17
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    8,421
    Rep Power
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    oddly enough, I believe the Astros had better numbers on the road that season. Wins, average, runs scored, were higher away from the park where they were stealing signs....sounds like they should have just not waste the time
    That is true in large part because contrary to what a lot of fans think, Houston is very much a pitcher's park. Also, Houston's batting during the playoffs was demonstrably better at home than on the road during the playoffs, with better BA, OBP and slugging.

    Notably, the home and road splits for six of Houston's players during the 2017 postseason shows that the team performed significantly better when playing in their home ballpark-- enough to merit a closer look in light of the recent damning developments.

    Altuve:
    Home: .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG/1.541 OPS, 17 H, 6 HR & 12 RBI
    Away: .143 BA, .268 OBP, .229 SLG, .497 OPS, 5 H, 1 HR & 2 RBI

    Correa:
    Home: .371 BA/.421 OBP/.743 SLG/1.164 OPS, 13 H, 3 HR & 10 RBI
    Away: .211 BA/.231 OBP/.395 SLG/.626 OPS, 8 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI

    Bregman:
    Home: .273 BA/.342 OBP/.515 SLG/.857 OPS, 9 H, 2 HR & 6 RBI
    Away: .154 BA/.175 OBP/.333 SLG/.508 OPS, 6 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI

    McCann:
    Home: .300 BA/.382 OBP/.467 SLG/.849 OPS, 9 H, 1 HR & 7 RBI
    Away: .037 BA/.161 OBP/.037 SLG/.198 OPS, 1 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI

    Gurriel:
    Home: .303 BA/.361 OBP/.576 SLG/.937 OPS, 10 H, 2 HR & 5 RBI
    Away: .306 BA/.324 OBP/.472 SLG/.797 OPS, 11 H, 0 HR & 3 RBI

    Gattis:
    Home: .300 BA/.464 OBP/.550 SLG/1.014 OPS, 6 H, 1 HR & 3 RBI
    Away: .200 BA/.333 OBP/.200 SLG/.533 OPS, 2 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI


    https://www.12up.com/posts/astros-ho...g-01dsjze4xax2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

  18. #18
    Member Hines57's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,646
    Rep Power
    164
    The penalty wasn't harsh enough. If MLB actually wanted to make this right they would vacate the 17' title and keep it that way instead of the pasterisk it now has. That the players were granted immunity to talk and then they had a cap on the penalty for the owner is also bullshit. This is a hand slap against a team that basically did the same thing the cheatriots did. Its a black mark on the game and the franchise is tainted. Same goes for the 18' Red Sox.

  19. #19
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    12,347
    Rep Power
    318
    Heard about the punishments at work today.

    This is exactly why the NFL will be second-class...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Heard about the punishments at work today.

    This is exactly why the NFL will be second-class...
    I was thinking it is why they are a joke. But we are in the same neighborhood.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation