Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: College Football Week 7

FL needs a QB, and good WRs and a secondary

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Penn State's 4th TD of the night
    Yeah, this game shouldn’t be nearly this close.

Maybe the yellow jerseys have the refs thinking they're michigan so they have to give them calls

That first down was Cain refusing to go down...

LSU is just nasty, think they just may end Bama's reign this year.

Cain is no doubt the best RB. Not a gamebreaker, not really a great athlete, but he is tough as hell, has great vision and is decisive. He's a true freshman too. He will be a beast after a few seasons in the weight room.

LSU is a tough place to play. Bama has them at home. I don't see LSU winning at Bama. Bama has scored at least 42 points every game this year.

Bama should be worried about LSU. Bama will not even be challenged in a game until they face LSU. It will basically be their first real game of the year. LSU is battle hardened with tough games vs Texas and Florida and they will also play Auburn before they play Bama.

ESPN Gameday will be at State College next week for the game vs Michigan. It's the night game and sure to be a whiteout. Just hope the same ref crew from tonight is not working the game.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

That was one of the worst officiated games I have witnessed in either college or pro. The refs seriously looked like they were trying to sway the outcome of the game. Glad Penn State was able to come out of it with the HUGE win against a top 20 team on the road and one of the best defenses. Next week will be another test at home this time.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    you're kind of proving my point. You trash Ohio State's schedule while assuming Bama is playing some murderer's row. Ohio State will face Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan. And then probably Wisconsin again in the B1G Champ. Bama will face LSU and Auburn and then probably Florida or Georgia in the SEC Champ.

Pretty comparable.

Currently only 6 of 14 SEC teams have winning records. Big Ten has 7 of 14 with winning records.
    You made my day!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    LSU is a tough place to play. Bama has them at home. I don't see LSU winning at Bama. Bama has scored at least 42 points every game this year.
    We disagree at times but you're preachin' truth, bro!!!

I won't under estimate LSU---but they don't want to see the smoke Coach Saban is bringing this year!!!

Bama is on an amazing run. They are so f'ing good year in and year out. I can't remember the last time they weren't in the top 20 let alone in the conversation for the championship. Crazy good coaching and recruiting.

I hate the RPO at the goal line. Despite being robbed, you had a foot to go and you take the snap 5 yards in the backfield against a solid run defense?

Ohio State's schedule isn't that hard. Mostly because they play their difficult games at home. Please don't tell me this is a brutal schedule:

FAU- home
    Cin- home
    IND- away
    Ohio- home
    Neb- away
    MSU- home
    off
    NW- away
    Wis- HOME
    MD- HOME
    RUT- away
    PSU- HOME
    MiCH- away

So they play Michigan the last game of the year in Michigan. Other than that all their "difficult" games are at home. That means a lot in college football. Plus they don't play 2 hard back to back games all year until the last two games.

I'm not saying Bama's schedule is tough this year. It's not. But the SEC can have several teams that can make the playoffs where the Big 10 can't. The SEC will have Florida, LSU, Bama, Tenn, and Georgia that have a chance almost every year. Some years a couple of those will be down while the 2nd tier teams come up. Like a few years ago when Miss St., Ole Miss, and Ark were very good all at the same time. I don't see that from the big 10. You have OSU and maybe Michigan that have a chance. Nobody else does. Does anyone really think Penn St. is going to beat OSU on the road? Anyone think Harbaugh is going to beat OSU even in Ann Arbor?

Ohio State's schedule isn't that hard. Mostly because they play their difficult games at home. Please don't tell me this is a brutal schedule:

FAU- home
    Cin- home
    IND- away
    Ohio- home
    Neb- away
    MSU- home
    off
    NW- away
    Wis- HOME
    MD- HOME
    RUT- away
    PSU- HOME
    MiCH- away

So they play Michigan the last game of the year in Michigan. Other than that all their "difficult" games are at home. That means a lot in college football. Plus they don't play 2 hard back to back games all year until the last two games.

I'm not saying Bama's schedule is tough this year. It's not. But the SEC can have several teams that can make the playoffs where the Big 10 can't. The SEC will have Florida, LSU, Bama, Tenn, and Georgia that have a chance almost every year. Some years a couple of those will be down while the 2nd tier teams come up. Like a few years ago when Miss St., Ole Miss, and Ark were very good all at the same time. I don't see that from the big 10. You have OSU and maybe Michigan that have a chance. Nobody else does. Does anyone really think Penn St. is going to beat OSU on the road? Anyone think Harbaugh is going to beat OSU even in Ann Arbor?
    Tennessee? You lost me with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    Tennessee? You lost me with that one.
    A few years ago Tenn was a good team. They are down right now. But they are a huge school and they can come back. That's why I said "almost" every year. And some years those teams will be down.

Since 1997 when Michigan and Nebraska tied for the National Title there have been 5 SEC teams with national titles. OSU has won 2. No other big 10 school has even 1. In over 20 years not 1 big 10 school has won it. Even before 1997 you have to go 1986 to find another Big 10 team. And they weren't even in the big 10 at the time.

Tennessee:1
    LSU: 2
    Florida: 2
    Auburn: 1
    Bama: 5

Lifetime Member

FAU- home
    Cin- home
    IND- away
    Ohio- home
    Neb- away
    MSU- home
    off
    NW- away
    Wis- HOME
    MD- HOME
    RUT- away
    PSU- HOME
    MiCH- away

Love it. Tape won't though...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime Member

I guessed right...

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...20/2019-10-13/

Georgia drops to 10.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app