Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 - Never Forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    Tough to watch. I made myself watch it twice, just to reinforce what I remember from that day, 18 years ago, and the feelings I had then.

There are a lot of sick, evil, demented people in the world. Sick. Demented. Evil.
    those phone calls. . .

damn

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Incredibly powerful video, I had to watch it twice too. Heart-wrenching. Thanks for sharing.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following User Likes This Post:

His soul is full of hate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteeler View Post
    Not today please. Just remember and post something positive. Lot of deaths that day but also a lot of heroes. My heart aches.,
    Fuck that and fuck you for saying it.

Moslems perpetrated the attacks because our way of life, values and Constitution are all counter to Sharia. As was pointed out now the DNC is pushing Moslem candidates that advocate for Sharia and the destruction of American institutions that used to be considered near sacred. Politics can't be removed from this because it was a politically motivated attack being that Sharia is the political system of the cult of Mohamed.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DBS1970 View Post
    Fuck that and fuck you for saying it.

Moslems perpetrated the attacks because our way of life, values and Constitution are all counter to Sharia. As was pointed out now the DNC is pushing Moslem candidates that advocate for Sharia and the destruction of American institutions that used to be considered near sacred. Politics can't be removed from this because it was a politically motivated attack being that Sharia is the political system of the cult of Mohamed.
    Yup. And ol boys out their are “celebrating” this day and calling for more like it against us.

A guy I went to high school with, Dennis Michael Cook, has two daughters who are both in college now, just like mine. He didn't get to see any of their growing up. They were 4 years old and 16 months old on 9/11/2001. I think of him every year on this day and it still gets me right in the gut. And I didn't even know the guy all that well.

R.I.P. Denny, and all the victims of September 11. May your families and friends be comforted today.

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

I lived in NJ when it happened. I didn't lose any friends or family, but I remain triggered by Muslims. Sorry, can't stand em, don't trust em, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelChip View Post
    Maybe folks wouldn’t forget if it was taught in school.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    I'm from, and still live in, a small town in western PA. Graduated in a class of 207 in 1978 yet somehow two guys I graduated with were uncomfortably close to getting killed that day. One worked in NYC and had just stepped out of the subway when shit started going to hell and was one of the people running the other way covered in dust. Another was career military and worked in the Pentagon when it was hit. He was in a different part of the building so he was okay.

I post this every year on my birthday on Facebook.

"It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm from, and still live in, a small town in western PA. Graduated in a class of 207 in 1978 yet somehow two guys I graduated with were uncomfortably close to getting killed that day. One worked in NYC and had just stepped out of the subway when shit started going to hell and was one of the people running the other way covered in dust. Another was career military and worked in the Pentagon when it was hit. He was in a different part of the building so he was okay.
    My wife flew from NYC to Pittsburgh on September 10, 2001.

We have a good friend, a firefighter, who went to NYC to help with the recovery. He was there for a month. He is now suffering from throat cancer.
    Last edited by hamster; 09-11-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    You lost. Get over it.

The first ex- Mrs. IndySteel was in Scotland for a pharmaceutical trade show on 9/11. She was supposed to fly back the next day. Took her about a week to get home. if things had been slightly different I’d be + 1/2 a million $. Alls well that ends well.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

President Trump should push making 9/11 a national holiday... move Labor day a week back to the last monday in august, and eliminating the Columbus day holiday that really is pointless with current understanding of history....

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent and who was kind of a giant dick...

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    President Trump should push making 9/11 a national holiday... move Labor day a week back to the last monday in august, and eliminating the Columbus day holiday that really is pointless with current understanding of history....

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent and who was kind of a giant dick...
    Columbus did discover Cuba and the good cigars.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent ...
    Unpossible. The left assures me that Columbus brought slavery and disease to Elizabeth Warren's kin in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Columbus landed in the Bahamas and Cuba which are in North America. If not for him there is no U.S. of A. So I'll celebrate Columbus day just fine. He didn't do anything to anyone that they hadn't done to someone else. The indians were tribal and fought all the time. I personally think baby sacrifice isn't a good thing but what do I know?

I almost lost my Dad that day. He was supposed to be meeting some high ranking officials in that section of the Pentagon, his meeting was cancelled at 8 am that morning. Of course I had no idea his meeting was cancelled and as far as I knew he was there. Was a rough couple of minutes because I couldn't get through to mom as all the cell lines were jammed. I will NEVER FORGET that day and will always turn a sideways eye at any Muslims. Yeah, call me a racist if you want, but they put that there, not me.

I have a friend that was in the Pentagon at the time. Luckily he wasn't on the side that was hit. He lost several co-workers in the attack. He still struggles with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yeah, call me a racist if you want, but they put that there, not me.
    Muslim is not a race.
    It is a collection of bad ideas. It deserves your criticism, and mine.
    You lost. Get over it.

I had 2 former coworkers who were working in the towers. One was in the second tower -- and continued evacuating when they were told the plane hit the other tower and it was okay to return to their desks. He made it out and home to South Jersey some 7 hours later with absolutely no contact to his family back home until he arrived. He does speaking engagements at 9/11 time every year since - letting people know what happened.

The other worked for Cantor Fitzgerald - he never had a chance. One of the kindest, friendliest and quietest men I ever met.