Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: El Paso TX Mass Shooting; 19 Dead, 40 Injured at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Roy92040 View Post
    It's amazing how many people are blaming Trump. And the real assholes that are trying to get mileage out of this are those that are running for president. How despicable. To use dead people as a battle cry in their efforts for elected offices is just so wrong.
    Kathryn Steinle

I wouldn't confuse playing politics with a cry to enforce immigration law.

Esteemed Throbbing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    NOW you tell me.
    it seemed like a good idea at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I wouldn't confuse playing politics with a cry to enforce immigration law.
    clearly you don't have a manbun tightened so much that your eyes are slanted.

like Flog

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I just love how beatoff who has 1% support is so firm about what's on the table. He is full of himself that's for sure. Loser.

The Following User Likes This Post:

They're starting to come out of the woodwork. There was another reported shooter at a Walmart in Baton Rouge. Apparently, no real injuries in this one.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/authorities...-burbank-drive

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    one had a manifesto. but it's been faked, or copied. or the original was fake and was duplicated and faked. all to pit us against one another.

Owner of 8chan Says the Manifesto Was NOT Uploaded By the El Paso Walmart Shooter

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...lmart-shooter/

Forefather

It's amazing how many people are blaming Trump. And the real assholes that are trying to get mileage out of this are those that are running for president. How despicable. To use dead people as a battle cry in their efforts for elected offices is just so wrong.
    That Wal Mart and Cielo Vista Mall next to it are about 16 miles from my home. I was watching the whole thing unfold and going back & forth between local & national news. A friend called me asking for prayer as his wife was at the Sam's Club (right next to the WM). She said later people from WM streamed in, running in a panic, screams, etc... you could imagine the chaotic scene. His wife was safe and after 2 hours on lockdown was released home.

As the hours wore on, I had this uneasy feeling that our local politicians (Congresswoman Veronica Escobar, former Congressman Beto, and Mayor Dee Margo) would use this time for political gain. Then Governor Abbott lands in El Paso and begins his press conference with the Chief of Police and other leaders. Escobar is standing right behind Gov. Abbott, and without fail launches into a tirade about "anti-immigration", "white supremacy", and on. Beto was in Vegas and goes in front of the camera to say he's cancelling the rest of the campaign trip to come home to be with his family & community. He gets here and is in front of the camera every chance he gets. Mayor Margo was diplomatic and did not make any political statements and I give him kudos for that.

The blood of these poor souls was not yet dry and Escobar and Beto were already using the events for personal, political gain. I happen to think they are as vile, disgusting, and soulless as the shooter.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Anything to destroy Trump. And they don't even care about the optics anymore. I've been reading/hearing what they're doing to Mitch & Rand Paul as well and it's disgusting.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by suncitysteel View Post
    That Wal Mart and Cielo Vista Mall next to it are about 16 miles from my home. I was watching the whole thing unfold and going back & forth between local & national news. A friend called me asking for prayer as his wife was at the Sam's Club (right next to the WM). She said later people from WM streamed in, running in a panic, screams, etc... you could imagine the chaotic scene. His wife was safe and after 2 hours on lockdown was released home.

As the hours wore on, I had this uneasy feeling that our local politicians (Congresswoman Veronica Escobar, former Congressman Beto, and Mayor Dee Margo) would use this time for political gain. Then Governor Abbott lands in El Paso and begins his press conference with the Chief of Police and other leaders. Escobar is standing right behind Gov. Abbott, and without fail launches into a tirade about "anti-immigration", "white supremacy", and on. Beto was in Vegas and goes in front of the camera to say he's cancelling the rest of the campaign trip to come home to be with his family & community. He gets here and is in front of the camera every chance he gets. Mayor Margo was diplomatic and did not make any political statements and I give him kudos for that.

The blood of these poor souls was not yet dry and Escobar and Beto were already using the events for personal, political gain. I happen to think they are as vile, disgusting, and soulless as the shooter.
    yep, even a blind man can see this. Certain people will read it, as gospel, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Kathryn Steinle
    Eat a bag of dicks.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by scraps View Post
    Owner of 8chan Says the Manifesto Was NOT Uploaded By the El Paso Walmart Shooter

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...lmart-shooter/
    but, but, but that would mean that we're being lied to by someone.

but, but, but that would mean that we're being lied to by someone.
    I'm not sayin' nuttin...

we can say the gun is not the problem, but it's awfully difficult to convince the other 50% of the population that guns arent the problem. doing "something" for the sake of doing something is essentially doing nothing. I've seen it said that the average person doesnt need access to an AR-15. That's fine and dandy. What about AK-47s, AR-10s, semi-auto shotguns, etc? We cannot ban all guns, as it's not feasible.

Banning guns would kill a viable economic market as well. Which is why politicians will be - or should be - reluctant to do that. Gun sales contribute to sales taxes, etc. We've also seen and argued all the defenses FOR guns. I do agree that there are people who do not need to have a gun of any kind, but how do we establish that? There are so many slippery slopes to gun confiscation and banishment that it's difficult to decide what to do. Or not to do.

Does one person's right to own a gun override their victim's right to live? Certainly not, but that is how the Left is receiving the gun resistance debate.

For the record, I'm as pro-gun as it gets. I also advise to never take your guns on a bird watching expedition in the Everglades on a standup paddleboard during a hurricane. Bad things happen.
    No you can not ban all guns, but you can ban high capacity magazines. The Dayton shooter had a 100 round drum and killed 9 people in 30 seconds while firing off 41 shots. My hunting rifle holds 6 bullets and my SKS default magazine was only 10 bullets I believe. In my opinion there is no need for civilians to have any type of high cap magazines. I would be for stricter background checks, eliminating the sales of high cap magazines, and a type of gun licensing system. If you purchase a gun then you get a govt issued license. Any violent issues / tendencies / mental health problems your license get suspended / revoked and you turn in your guns till your cleared or you permanently lose your right to purchase them again. If you had the choice of having a toy that could shoot 100 bullets or saving a life which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    If you had the choice of having a toy that could shoot 100 bullets or saving a life which would you choose?
    Your argument is flawed, because you are assuming that because I have a high capacity magazine that I am automatically going to go out and start shooting people. Punish the many for the sins of a few, even if it saves one life. I haven’t committed any crimes, so why are my rights being stripped? It’s a weak argument for people who don’t want to do the hard work of solving a complex problem.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Not saying you are going to go shoot someone, but the point is civilians don't need 100 round magazines. They are nothing more than a fun toy that in the wrong hands can be very deadly. There is no doubt it is a complex problem, but if having to give up high cap mag can save even one life then Id say it's worth it.

But see, in a free nation, you don’t get to decide what I need or don’t need.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Kathryn Steinle
    I guess there is a point in this? I don't see any similarities.
    Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    Not saying you are going to go shoot someone, but the point is civilians don't need 100 round magazines. They are nothing more than a fun toy that in the wrong hands can be very deadly. There is no doubt it is a complex problem, but if having to give up high cap mag can save even one life then Id say it's worth it.
    So rights are now based on what you think people need? I hope to hell you never get into politics.

Like banning guns would work anyway. How long have drugs been illegal? Those things are everywhere, yet banning guns will stop mass shootings. Whatever.