Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, it is only practice...

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    Fuck the bills
    yes, fuck the bills....no one gives a shit about them....

but certain folks preached on and on about how Oliver would be over powered by NFL talent...so I am just updating his status

and no I am not try to blow my horn....I'm blowing Ed Oliver's horn........uh wait that didn't come out right.....

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

There are a lot of training camp phenoms. Oliver may very well be for real as should be expected going in the top 10 but we won't know until we see him in a real game. As previously stated, it's only practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Reminding the peanut galley who the Steleers should have drafted in hindsight is a hobby of mine.
    Which specific guy would that be? You seem to be throwing out a bunch of guys to hedge your bets.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    along with being wrong 99.9999999999999999999999213% of the time

Dang Coolie, Not ONLY are you Clarvoyant (Ed Oliver) but also a very precise statistician because You hit it dead on...by my calculations.

Salute the nation

Blog Entries
    Reminding the peanut galley who the Steleers should have drafted in hindsight is a hobby of mine.
    We're just lucky that Aaron Donald was already gone when our pick came up.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Yeah because the benefit of hindsight really takes insight, hard work and good analysis. You really are a clown.
    Steel,

Allow me to offer you a sample of what I thought about some draft picks over the years. I'll keep it to round three, and I'm sure you remember some of this:

M Adam - Slow feet

J Jones - Flat out cannot play

D Archer A smurf with little value

Dupree There were better on the board

Golson Too small too prone, felt he would be injury prone

Burns - Did not like the pick, wanted Howard

Davis - Enough said, but he's not a bad as many on this list

Washington - Neither fast or tall, looks like our #4 WR this season. Not exactly what you want from a 2nd round pick.

These were my thought on draft day. Hindsight only proves me right.

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Steel,

Allow me to offer you a sample of what I thought about some draft picks over the years. I'll keep it to round three, and I'm sure you remember some of this:

There is a lot of revisionist history with Dupree's draft. There were 3 OLB options high:

Ray
    Gregory
    Dupree

Ray sucks - Less stats that Dupree while playing opposite of Von Miller
    Gregory was an undraftable drug addict
    And Dupree was the best of the bunch.

Which guy did you want again??

Pretty sure you liked Gregory, when I was calling him undraftable before that draft, and now he's on his 3rd suspension that looks like it will be career ending.
    Last edited by Cope; 08-03-2019 at 09:12 AM.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Yes, it is only practice...

Steel,

M Adam - Slow feet

Washington - Neither fast or tall, looks like our #4 WR this season. Not exactly what you want from a 2nd round pick.

Let’s keep it rolling Cope....

Funny how Coach “felt” Golson was injury prone considering the SEC All-American never missed a game in college.

Enough said on Davis? From you? Hardly. If the guy was to make All-Pro you would still slam the guy. Yet here he is beginning his 3rd year as a starter.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

M Adam - Slow feet
    I just checked all the scouting reports on him again, that was not the issue. Character, work ethic and other things that kept him off the field in college were the biggest red flags. The Steelers should have kept them off their draft board like they originally had, instead of letting the guy personally sell them a line of bullshit.

Seriously? That was your assessment on draft day? Because all Jarvis Jones did was have production in college. It were his explosion metrics and measurables that really made him questionable, which in hindsight, turned out to be spot-on.

Fair enough.

No, there actually weren't at his position. Like Cope said, Shane Ray is worse than Dupree, and Randy Gregory has been a lost cause for a long time now.

Too injury-prone, yet he never missed a game in college. Turns out yes he was a china doll, but if that was your draft day assessment, then all you did was channel your inner Miss Cleo.

Did not like the pick, what a stunning example of in-depth analysis and insight. But the Steelers likely panicked a bit when their guy Jackson went off the board a pick earlier. I think quite a few people were surprised by the pick.

Another example of stunning insight and analysis. He needs to make more splash plays as a second round pick though.

JuJu & likely Moncrief will be ahead of him going into the season. And he's had an excellent camp by all reports. I look forward to visiting this one again in several months.

These were my thought on draft day.
    Those were other's thoughts on draft day that you just regurgitated.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon” - Saul Alinsky

Most INtelligent Poster

coach you went back and forth on a few of the picks you now claim to have hated, plus we could all list even more picks you hated that were way off.

but you trying to claim a Hall of Fame safety wasn't going to be any good because of his head being too big is your crown jewel.....

but this thread is about something else

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/to...-training-camp

Early in the red zone period, Oliver blew up a pair of linemen to penetrate into the backfield and force Matt Barkley off his spot. Rookie DE Darryl Johnson got the QB pressure on the play to force an incompletion.

Two plays later Oliver beat his lineman in a one-on-one situation and got pressure on Josh Allen before he wanted to get rid of the ball and hurried him into an incompletion.

A series later, Oliver had his play of the day. He used a stab move and knocked the opposing offensive lineman off balance sending him into the center’s legs who also fell on the play and affected the other guard who stumbled as a domino effect was unfolding. The play was effectively blown up from Oliver all on his own.

Ive already shown where you praised Colbert cor taken Burns.

You thought Golson was injury prone due to his small size, even though he went thru college without injuries. And his injury had zero to do with his size.

coach you went back and forth on a few of the picks you now claim to have hated, plus we could all list even more picks you hated that were way off.

but you trying to claim a Hall of Fame safety wasn't going to be any good because of his head being too big is your crown jewel.....

but this thread is about something else

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/to...-training-camp

Early in the red zone period, Oliver blew up a pair of linemen to penetrate into the backfield and force Matt Barkley off his spot. Rookie DE Darryl Johnson got the QB pressure on the play to force an incompletion.

Two plays later Oliver beat his lineman in a one-on-one situation and got pressure on Josh Allen before he wanted to get rid of the ball and hurried him into an incompletion.

A series later, Oliver had his play of the day. He used a stab move and knocked the opposing offensive lineman off balance sending him into the center’s legs who also fell on the play and affected the other guard who stumbled as a domino effect was unfolding. The play was effectively blown up from Oliver all on his own.

The BILLs took Ed Oliver to early in the draft.! Now the are paying for that problem.

Salute the nation

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    The BILLs took Ed Oliver to early in the draft.! Now the are paying for that problem.

Salute the nation
    Yep their OL will lose confidence in themselves and he has already knocked one of them into the QB and bruised his leg

Yep their OL will lose confidence in themselves and he has already knocked one of them into the QB and bruised his leg

Tragedy I'd say, MAYBE the STEELErS could do the right thing and find away to take that problem off their hands.?

Coolie, I've never watched Ed play live and never heard of him until that fateful day you first "pimped" him. Now I look for things about him and he is living up to all expectations. I'm glad for him and your Clarvoyant nature in this regards.

Nearly as amazing is a certain individual can't accept the inevitable.

Salute the nation

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Tragedy I'd say, MAYBE the STEELErS could do the right thing and find away to take that problem off their hands.?

Coolie, I've never watched Ed play live and never heard of him until that fateful day you first "pimped" him. Now I look for things about him and he is living up to all expectations. I'm glad for him and your Clarvoyant nature in this regards.

Nearly as amazing is a certain individual can't accept the inevitable.

Salute the nation
    Yeah, I was lucky enough to see his first game at UH in person, when he and the Cougars knocked off Oklahoma. It was clear from then that Oliver was a special player.

I'm NOT comparing the two other than the feeling of a special player. When Joey Porter came to the STEELERS I felt he was going to be something. He lived up to that billing in my eyes and I hope (see) Oliver will live to your billing for you (all of us) as well.

Salute the nation

Most INtelligent Poster

I hope he turns into the player I think he can be and tears up the league (except when he plays the Steelers), but well, he won me the bet with an arrogant prick so anything from here on out is gravy.

I see that Coach has done his usual turn of disappearing from a thread when presented with facts.

His soul is full of hate.

Blog Entries
    Coolie pimping a guy from Houston...

Who would could see that coming.

To quote coach Herb Brooks: "We're not looking for the best players, we're looking for the right ones."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast