Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin knows Steelernation is pissed off and likes it.

Tomlin knows Steelernation is pissed off and likes it.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/mi...d-off-as-am-i/

I like the fact that Steeler Nation is pissed off, you know. As am I and we are. And so we’re excited about meeting the challenges of 2019 and answering some of those questions that are out there about us”.

My two and a half cents: I like they are aware that everyone is on edge for last years fail of a season. So whatever can provide that extra motivation is welcomed.

She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Lifetime Member

Nice video and post, Slash

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Thanks for bringing this out. Tomlin should be glad he's got a JOB and is aware of that. I truly think he kn ows he's on the clock, so to speak. Show up / do your job / win some EFin games / SB champions and all will be well with STEELERS NATION.

Salute the nation

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

I have great faith in Tomlin. He'll blow chunks before the season is 4 games in. Talk is cheap.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExUSAF View Post
    I have great faith in Tomlin. He'll blow chunks before the season is 4 games in. Talk is cheap.
    No excuses this year, good full roster to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Nice video and post, Slash
    We are going all the way this year, and shock the world !

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    We are going all the way this year, and shock the world !

NOT my world because I expect it............But I do get your point............... :)

Salute the nation

Blog Entries
    Tomlin sucks

Slash, it will be interesting to see if Artie extends him this summer which has been the norm with two years remaining.
    Of course Easy Ed Bouchette had article from the Athletic saying that it shouldn’t be hard, just extend him.
    I make him sing for his supper and make him show me if he can turn this around.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

If I have to motivate you, I will fire you. There is your motivation.

But hey Cool Shades is a hell of a motivator.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    I got the fanboys' panties in a twist over this on one of the Steeler groups on FB. They don't like that I don't think Shades is a freaking awesome head coach and shouldn't get another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    If I have to motivate you, I will fire you. There is your motivation.

But hey Cool Shades is a hell of a motivator.
    Not to worry, he'll unleash hell if he has to.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    No excuses this year, good full roster to work with.
    And no distractions. The time is now.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I got the fanboys' panties in a twist over this on one of the Steeler groups on FB. They don't like that I don't think Shades is a freaking awesome head coach and shouldn't get another contract.

Not to worry, he'll unleash hell if he has to.
    I have absolutely no idea why they would even entertain the idea of lengthening his contract at this point. We are getting to the point where they parted ways with Cowher and he had he was only one full season removed from a SB and had an exciting roster. This team does something exciting this season, you still have a whole other season to extend. If they under perform he should be gone. Probably won't be gone, but should definitely be gone.

Back to the lab...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ExUSAF View Post
    I wish I could say this gave me a modicum of confidence that this means we get better coaching....I can't say I can.

This song has been on repeat for 10+ years. Just when i think I'm going to see something exceptional the record skips back to the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    This song has been on repeat for 10+ years. Just when i think I'm going to see something exceptional the record skips back to the beginning.
    Exactly. The next season is always the exciting one and the year the Steelers win the SB again. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but this is the same team as last year with a few rookies and FAs. Same coach, same decision making, same defensive schemes.

The same coach who one a super bowl and got to a second one. Not exactly what someone could call bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Exactly. The next season is always the exciting one and the year the Steelers win the SB again. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but this is the same team as last year with a few rookies and FAs. Same coach, same decision making, same defensive schemes.
    Not the same coaches, not the same decision making as some of Tomlin and Butler's and Peezy's duties has been altered. Different RB coach... Not the same trouble makers who have contributed to this teams downfalls. Not all of their downfalls but some of them. 13 new players including the draft and free agency. Not including the undrafted players. Will the results differ? Who knows but to say this is the same everything as last year is simply not true.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by slashsteel; 07-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Anything posted about Tomlin is so tiresome that I rarely even open the thread. I could predict half the responses almost verbatim no matter what aspect of the team is being discussed. If the word Tomlin is uttered, the thread goes into automatic mode. I thought this one might be somewhat substantive given the subject matter. I was wrong again and it's my own fault.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post: