Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: What is the plan with Mark Barron?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    He's with Buffalo now. I liked him too.
    Fuck, how'd I miss that one, LOL.

  2. #22
    He was never used properly.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #23
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,402
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    This has been my thought all along...Barron and V-Will until Bush is ready to start and then its Bush-Barron most of the time. V-will is awesome guy, but I think his time as a starter is limited.
    Old Hebrew would say that a 'barren bush' will catch fire...

    Now for my football analysis (aided by a good ol' dose of Bama homerade) - Barron should be moved back to SS, where he excelled at Bama. My logic behind this statement is simple - he doesn't make the mistakes that Davis sometimes does when he's in space---PLUS---he'll fold you up like a lawn chair when he hits you!!!

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #24
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,402
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    IF Burns turns his shit around and gets his head on straight... and Buggs plays like he can, we can have the Killer Bs on defense in Burns, Buggs, Barron and Bush.
    So we have bugs in our burning and barren bush...WONDERFUL...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    So we have bugs in our burning and barren bush...WONDERFUL...
    R R R Raidddd
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  6. #26
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,444
    Rep Power
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    He'll play the role Burnett did, since that was so successful he quit.

    They are infatuated with S/LB hybrids, no matter how badly they keep failing at that plan. It's right up there with the 2 DL sets when it comes to good strategy.

    Let's not forget our DC didn't realize an upcoming opposition's TE was out for the season 4 weeks prior. We got some real brain power on our coaching staff.
    oh, fuck off, POP. as if no one else in the world has ever gotten a guy's name foncused with someone else's.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Bouchette was just on the radio here in Pittsburgh and was talking about Barron, said there's a decent chance that he, not Williams, will be starting alongside Bush this season.
    At under 210? We will get gouged right up the middle. Run over. I often wonder if this Cool Shades staff even has a real plan. The 2 down linemen is an example of how great their plan is.

  8. #28
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,444
    Rep Power
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    At under 210? We will get gouged right up the middle. Run over. I often wonder if this Cool Shades staff even has a real plan. The 2 down linemen is an example of how great their plan is.
    maybe we should sign up Heath Evans to play ILB? would that make you rub another one out and stfu?

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    oh, fuck off, POP. as if no one else in the world has ever gotten a guy's name foncused with someone else's.
    Oh really? So who did he get confused for Eifert? What other TE did Cinci have that Butler felt we needed to "really game plan to stop?"

    Kroft? Lengel? Uzoma? Please enlighten.

    Butler is clueless. And inspires no one.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    IF Burns turns his shit around and gets his head on straight... and Buggs plays like he can, we can have the Killer Bs on defense in Burns, Buggs, Barron and Bush.
    So, your hope is that Burnt will magically become a good player in his 4th year? Hey, it's good to have dreams.

    And please, let the "Killer B's" moniker die; it's not like there are fond memories with it.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    So, your hope is that Burnt will magically become a good player in his 4th year? Hey, it's good to have dreams.

    And please, let the "Killer B's" moniker die; it's not like there are fond memories with it.
    The B's had their moments. Even though they didnt have a ring to show for it.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    maybe we should sign up Heath Evans to play ILB? would that make you rub another one out and stfu?
    Sign a 40+ year old FB to play ILB? Brilliant idea. I think you could fit right in with the Cool Shades's staff.

  13. #33
    Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Posts
    7,850
    Rep Power
    225
    Barron was slotted to be more of a dime ILB but being under 210 is too small. If he is that small, I'd be shocked if he started alongside Bush. He will get playing time but it will definitely be as a dime ILB/hybrid. Williams is still good against the run and is a very good pass rusher.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  14. #34
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,444
    Rep Power
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    Oh really? So who did he get confused for Eifert? What other TE did Cinci have that Butler felt we needed to "really game plan to stop?"

    Kroft? Lengel? Uzoma? Please enlighten.

    Butler is clueless. And inspires no one.
    I never said he inspired anyone. I'm no fan of Butler at all. But to hang your hat on this is just stupid and makes you look stupider. Which you've taken as a personal challenge to lower the bar of stupid on a daily basis.

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  15. #35
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,444
    Rep Power
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    Sign a 40+ year old FB to play ILB? Brilliant idea. I think you could fit right in with the Cool Shades's staff.
    obviously the subtleness of that post flew over your gigantic fucking head. probably missed you on the downswing when you were cradling Evan's gonads during a workout. POP.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  16. #36
    US Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    4,196
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    So, your hope is that Burnt will magically become a good player in his 4th year? Hey, it's good to have dreams.

    And please, let the "Killer B's" moniker die; it's not like there are fond memories with it.
    just shut the fuck up already... you're honestly retarded.. I cant explain it any other way.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    So, your hope is that Burnt will magically become a good player in his 4th year? Hey, it's good to have dreams.

    And please, let the "Killer B's" moniker die; it's not like there are fond memories with it.
    Upset with the killer Bs deal? Is that cause Brady wasnt a part of it?

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  18. #38
    Member
    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    7,420
    Rep Power
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    I just hope that with both Bush and Barron being a bit undersized, they don't get gashed by the run.
    No doubt. If the Steelers play Barron and Bush in the middle on 1st down, they are basically forcing teams to run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    also all the more reason to use 3Dlinemen
    Yep. Heward, Tuitt, Hargrave and Durpee really need to man up and contain the 1st down runs.

    One thing that has killed the Steelers has been the no-huddle, keeping the base defense with Williams and Matakevich in the middle. Team runs on 1st, gets 3, goes no huddle. Opposition would then motion the RB outside, forcing an OLB'er, often Watt, to cover. That left Williams or Matakevich covering a TE or, even worse, a WR in zone.

    Having Bush and Barron in the middle drastically reduces the benefit of going no-huddle, since both are much quicker and better in coverage than their predecessors. Team gets 4 on 1st down, goes no-huddle. Okay, big effing deal. Steelers have five pass rushers on the field, two quick backers, 2 CB, 2 safeties, so 4 or 5 to rush the passer, and 6 or 7 to provide pretty decent coverage, particularly the middle of the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  19. #39

    What is the plan with Mark Barron?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    He'll play the role Burnett did, since that was so successful he quit.

    They are infatuated with S/LB hybrids, no matter how badly they keep failing at that plan. It's right up there with the 2 DL sets when it comes to good strategy.

    Let's not forget our DC didn't realize an upcoming opposition's TE was out for the season 4 weeks prior. We got some real brain power on our coaching staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bufford View Post
    Oh really? So who did he get confused for Eifert? What other TE did Cinci have that Butler felt we needed to "really game plan to stop?"

    Kroft? Lengel? Uzoma? Please enlighten.

    Butler is clueless. And inspires no one.
    Pop/Bob whoever you are....kinda skip on the details donít you?

    Burnett, when signed was told he would be SS. He was injured before camp, Edmonds showed he could handle the SS position during camp. Burnett then was asked/told he would be a hybrid S/MB, of which he resisted, hence his request for release. Barron will probably play that role since itís what he practically did in LA.

    As for Butler....the writer who interviewed him acknowledged that his topics were edited poorly by him when published. His convo about Eifert was not as an active player but overall. Labriola even apologized publicly for the miscue.

    TBO, whoever is the worst coach on the team has probably forgotten more about the game than you actually know.


    Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    obviously the subtleness of that post flew over your gigantic fucking head. probably missed you on the downswing when you were cradling Evan's gonads during a workout. POP.
    only a pop can know who the fuck evans is

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation