Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Have the Pens done anything to improve this off-season? Indiana has legal sports betting now and I'm going to a sports book on Saturday. Pens are 25-1 odds to win the Cup. Vegas must think they got worse. Steelers are 14-1. I'm all over that.
    Well they did get Galchynuk.
    Should bolster the offense and provide some dynamic to either Geno’s line or a promising bottom line.
    Defensively still unsure.

No big noise from the Pens

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Well they did get Galchynuk.
    Should bolster the offense and provide some dynamic to either Geno’s line or a promising bottom line.
    Defensively still unsure.

No big noise from the Pens
    Thanks. I was hoping they got a goon. I still miss Ulfie.

Getting close. Getting the Center Ice package this year since i retired my NFL ticket...woot.

With the Pirates sucking...again. Then fighting in the clubhouse. I'm glad they are almost done. The NFL is a circus. I watch the Steelers and that's it. I am soooooooo tired of hearing about Brown every single day.

Thankfully hockey has started to roll. Prospect tourney, informal skates that have been well attended. First practice is Friday. Not going to lie, I will miss Kessel but if he was the problem in the room, then moving him was the right thing to do. Will Galchenyuk be a great replacement ? Offensively I doubt it but defensively he will be better (addition by subtraction. I liked the signing of Tanev (not the term). He plays similar to Hagelin with better offensive skills. Kahun is the wildcard. He looks like he has the skillset to be solid. So many questions with this camp. Crosby's 3rd man, 2 wingers for Malkin, 3rd line center, fixing the cap ????? All I can say for now.

LET'S GO PENS ! ! !

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Pettersson signed right at the qualifying offer, $874,000. Almost all contracts are in place 49/50. That puts the Pens around $1M over the Cap. They have until 10/1 to make the moves necessary to get under the Cap. They can get under without trading anyone but to have "working" money. Someone will need to be traded without a higher salary coming back. Formal practice starts tomorrow.

Friday Will be a GREAT DAY FOR HOCKEY ! ! !

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

First preseason game tonight and it's being played in State College. It won't be that exciting but I'll watch for something to do. I do like to see the WBS players.

Streams in the usual places.

Only one SOG. Lame. The whole game is being played in our end.

ZAR is on a mission

Shots 18- 2 Buffalo. It's not pretty but it's hockey. DeSmith is keeping us in this.

ZAR looks quick and does Legare has a nice release.

It's an ugly 2nd period. Shots are now 37-8 Buffalo, Score 4-1. Jarry hasn't looked bad, everyone has sucked. Keep in mind that Buffalo is playing almost their full NHL roster. Guys like Marino and Addison need another year or two to grow and it shows.

JMFJ needs released, Ruhwedel traded for a roll of tape,

Goals by Lafferty, Johnson and Haggerty, Tied at 4

This turned around quickly.

OT in preseason, give me a break

Cmon, that was a fun game. Not sure what the game plan was for the first two periods, but it was fun. Jarry went full Jarry, but it was cool.

8 seconds left in OT and Buffalo scores.... Pens lose.

I'm just glad hockey is back !

Making the decision between Jarry and DeSmith might have gotten a little tougher,

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Cmon, that was a fun game. Not sure what the game plan was for the first two periods, but it was fun. Jarry went full Jarry, but it was cool.
    A few positives but overall. I'm happy to be watching hockey !

IDK about any controversy between Jarry and DeSmith. Jarry didn't hold the net when needed, which is his pattern. DeSmith has this job, at least so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    Goals by Lafferty, Johnson and Haggerty, Tied at 4
    Rust looked good tonight driving to the net. The three on three was fun.
    Blueger was also holding his on against Eichel on face offs.

One game, but gotta be optimistic for the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Rust looked good tonight driving to the net. The three on three was fun.
    Blueger was also holding his on against Eichel on face offs.

One game, but gotta be optimistic for the potential.
    I expected more push from Rust,ZAR and Blueger, and Simon. These guys are fighting for ice time. Honestly though, preseason game 1, more fun than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    IDK about any controversy between Jarry and DeSmith. Jarry didn't hold the net when needed, which is his pattern. DeSmith has this job, at least so far.
    More from some comments made by GMJR. He is looing at the cap savings between the two. He's got us in a position that every single dollar matters. I thought DeSmith was better but I don't see Jarry passing through waivers.