Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malkin gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    I'm liking Blueger more. He showed well at Worlds. I'm thinking a bridge deal around $800K. Some predictions have Pettersson getting $2.25M, I'd like to see less. ZAR, I have no idea. I think he is replaceable but his advanced stats are off the chart when playing with Malkin. At $5.5M Schultz is a big question mark. We don't have much from last year to look at.
    The problem with showing well at Worlds is that the scheme here is not the on there. It drives me nuts to see a guy excel somewhere, then come to our team (any team) and have a scheme or pairing that won't highlight his strengths. This is where our GM falls down IMO. It's not just a talent question, but a situational question. This includes pairing, scheme, etc., AND talent.

(For the record, this is Tomlin's failing too, mostly evident at DB. Burns has the talent, IMO, but our scheme and our lack of teaching skills is his problem. I bet he goes somewhere and does alright to pretty darn well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The problem with showing well at Worlds is that the scheme here is not the on there. It drives me nuts to see a guy excel somewhere, then come to our team (any team) and have a scheme or pairing that won't highlight his strengths. This is where our GM falls down IMO. It's not just a talent question, but a situational question. This includes pairing, scheme, etc., AND talent.

(For the record, this is Tomlin's failing too, mostly evident at DB. Burns has the talent, IMO, but our scheme and our lack of teaching skills is his problem. I bet he goes somewhere and does alright to pretty darn well.)
    I see your point here. I guess the same can be said of Hornqvist's performance at World's as well. Tomlin, there is a reason I don't comment much on the Steelers. Tomlin baffles people with bullshit and Sully is headed in the same direction. Hell, I even agree with you on Burns.