Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort signs with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If you had to pick between Foster, or Fort, who do you sign? I think the Steelers screwed this one up.
    Foster is a solid starter Fort a decent fringe player. They tried to sign both, so it isn't a matter of screwing up. Some people move onto bigger opportunities. Steelers will be addressing ILber in the draft.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Without Fort, the Steelers really need to address ILB via FA or an early draft pick. If they keep a guy like Fort, they settle with him as a safety net.

The only serviceable ILB on the club and we let him go for peanuts.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Teams are definately passing more than ever due to the NFL rules changes allowing ththe pass to be easier for the offense. The Bince Williams are dinosaurs in today’s nfl.we need high-breed ILB. Dirty Red isn’t going to make this team unless they keep cutting everyone else. I hope like heck our fast ILB makes it to us in the draft.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Letting fort go is a head scratcher I mean we shouldn’t be in a position of depending on a special teamer to play on passing down which now days is 75 percent of the snaps but that being said.... we were dependent!!!! Who’s replacing him!?!?! Bostic and Williams can’t cover their shadows. Watch Matt Thomas replace Mosley in Baltimore put up 100 tackles.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Foster is a solid starter Fort a decent fringe player. They tried to sign both, so it isn't a matter of screwing up. Some people move onto bigger opportunities. Steelers will be addressing ILber in the draft.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yeah I think so too, they recognized him as a decent player but not a long term solution and they are looking to make a bigger move, a real 3 down LB, so he probably went where he'd have a chance to start and get a multi year contract.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyguru View Post
    The only serviceable ILB on the club and we let him go for peanuts.
    Lunch pail guy, did his job. Adequate. Just A Guy but then JAGs are often better than what Tombert drafts at LB. I suppose they were planning to replace him in the draft.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanmike View Post
    Letting fort go is a head scratcher I mean we shouldn’t be in a position of depending on a special teamer to play on passing down which now days is 75 percent of the snaps but that being said.... we were dependent!!!! Who’s replacing him!?!?! Bostic and Williams can’t cover their shadows. Watch Matt Thomas replace Mosley in Baltimore put up 100 tackles.. lol

Matt Thomas, another head scratcher on practice squad protection when in reality he should have been suiting up and tested to see what we have in game situations. From camp darling to C Yz

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

I'd feel a lot better with having kept Thomas over Dirty Red and Fort over Chikillo (and damn Fort was the cheaper of the 2?). I wouldn't doubt if Ola outshined all$13M ahead of him at OLB. If you're struggling to push Dupree for play time are ya really worth 4M/yr? Keep the ILB depth that has potential and don't load up overpaying marginal depth, seems simple enough to me.

At least he didn't go to the Pats who would make him the next Mike Vrabel, lol

Check the Chickillo thread Fiji, his contract actually is 2M this season and cutting him next season would cost 1M against 2020 salary cap, freeing 5M.

Basically the team is paying 3M for a capable backup and a special team ace (in their minds). The money spent on him is not the reason they didn't keep Fort.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji Mariner View Post
    I'd feel a lot better with having kept Thomas over Dirty Red and Fort over Chikillo (and damn Fort was the cheaper of the 2?). I wouldn't doubt if Ola outshined all$13M ahead of him at OLB. If you're struggling to push Dupree for play time are ya really worth 4M/yr? Keep the ILB depth that has potential and don't load up overpaying marginal depth, seems simple enough to me.
    Letting Thomas go who flashed ability on the pre season And keeping Brian Allen is on Mike Tomlin.

I don’t think Barron is better than Fort. I would have rather kept fort. He’s cheaper and knows the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Out of smoke! Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. He has won a playoff game in just 4 of his 12 seasons, and most of those came early.

Letting Thomas go who flashed ability on the pre season And keeping Brian Allen is on Mike Tomlin.

I don’t think Barron is better than Fort. I would have rather kept fort. He’s cheaper and knows the system.

will you keep beating that dead horse? when thomas amasses to anything of value you can whine about it again, we just don't know what happened with him, he definitely was given a chance as he made the 53 but maybe he sucked during training? who knows

A lot of guys “flash” in preseason and don’t do shit in regular season. Barron is an upgrade over Fort.