Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Senate Passes Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth

Esteemed Throbbing Member

New York Senate Passes Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth

STATE MICAIAH BILGER JAN 22, 2019 | 6:13PM ALBANY, NEW YORK

The New York Senate passed a radical pro-abortion bill Tuesday that would allow unborn babies to be aborted for basically any reason up to birth.

Metro reports the bill passed after abortion activists pushed it for more than a decade in New York. Until now, it failed to pass the state Senate because of Republican lawmakers, but the November election put pro-abortion Democrats in control of both houses.

The vote was 38-24.

A New York Public Radio reporter said she heard a voice shout, “May almighty God have mercy on this state!” in the Senate soon after the vote.

The legislation goes beyond Roe v. Wade, allowing abortions even when the Supreme Court has said states may regulate them, according to the pro-life leaders. Late-term abortions, which currently are illegal in New York, would be allowed, and non-doctors would be allowed to perform them.

The bill appears to restrict late-term abortions, but it adds a broad “health” exception for abortions after 24 weeks. The exception would allow women to abort unborn babies up to nine months of pregnancy for “age, economic, social and emotional factors, rather than the biological definition of ‘health’ that normally comes to mind,” according to New York Right to Life.

State Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins celebrated the legislation at a press conference Tuesday, according to the Metro. She claimed the so-called right to abortion is threatened by the new conservative U.S. Supreme Court.

“We thought at that time, that because it was so fundamentally right for women to have autonomy over their body, we thought that it was a barrier we would never have to face again,” Stewart-Cousins said. “Whenever you have something that momentous, there’s always someone who wants to go back to the way things were. So brick by brick, they began to rebuild that barrier. … They were looking for a moment to overturn this decision that changed our lives.

“We’re saying that here in New York, women’s health matters,” she continued. “We’re saying that here in New York, women’s decisions matter.”

Pro-abortion Gov. Andrew Cuomo also supports the bill. He even went so far as to threaten to hold up the budget until the legislature passes it.

The bill, dubbed the Reproductive Health Act, redefines a “person” as “a human being who has been born and is alive,” and describes abortion as a “fundamental right.” This language will allow unborn babies to be aborted for basically any reason up to birth in New York.

The legislation poses serious dangers to women’s lives and rights as well. By removing protections from illegal abortions, the bill will open the door for abuses. According to New York RTL, back alley abortionists, abusive partners or parents and others no longer would face charges for illegally killing an unborn baby – even if the mother wanted her child.

“In early December, a resident of Saratoga County was arrested for punching the stomach of a woman who was 26 weeks pregnant in an attempt to cause a miscarriage. The man was charged with abortion in the second degree, but under the RHA, the attacker would not have been charged with a felony,” according to the Catholic News Service.

Protections for babies born alive after botched abortions also would end under the new bill. Additionally, the bill says the state cannot “deny, regulate or restrict” abortion, not even for common-sense reasons such as parental consent for minors, informed consent or limits on taxpayer-funded abortions.

New York State Right to Life predicted that the bill will lead to the suppression of pro-lifers’ freedom of speech and conscience, as well. Doctors and nurses who refuse to help abort unborn babies could lose their jobs, and pro-life advocates could be persecuted for just speaking out for life.

Already one of the most pro-abortion states in America, New York would become even more pro-abortion if the law passes. In 2016, 82,189 unborn babies were aborted in New York, with about half being taxpayer-funded, according to the local news. Of those babies, 1,763 were at least 20 weeks, meaning they may have been viable outside the womb.

Meanwhile, a new poll indicates this radical pro-abortion legislation is not what Americans want. According to a national poll conducted by Marist University, three in four Americans (75 percent) say abortion should be limited to – at most – the first three months of pregnancy. This includes most of those who identify as Republicans (92 percent), Independents (78 percent) and a majority of Democrats (60 percent). It also includes more than six in 10 (61 percent) who identify as “pro-choice” on abortion.

The Marist Poll follows on the heels of a May 2018 Gallup poll which found that 53 percent of Americans oppose all or most abortions.

I have a word for this. It's called murder. I don't ever want to hear a lecture about guns,morals or border security ever again from these twisted fucks.

The Following 9 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post

STATE MICAIAH BILGER JAN 22, 2019 | 6:13PM ALBANY, NEW YORK

The exception would allow women to abort unborn babies up to nine months of pregnancy for “age, economic, social and emotional factors, rather than the biological definition of ‘health’ that normally comes to mind,” according to New York Right to Life.

“We’re saying that here in New York, women’s decisions matter.”

The bill, dubbed the Reproductive Health Act, redefines a “person” as “a human being who has been born and is alive,” and describes abortion as a “fundamental right.” This language will allow unborn babies to be aborted for basically any reason up to birth in New York.

Protections for babies born alive after botched abortions also would end under the new bill. Additionally, the bill says the state cannot “deny, regulate or restrict” abortion, not even for common-sense reasons such as parental consent for minors, informed consent or limits on taxpayer-funded abortions.

and non-doctors would be allowed to perform them.
    I just left the parts in the story that matter. These parts prove that it was never about women's health.

And allowing non-doctors to perform any type of abortion? Yeah I can't see any lawsuits coming out of that.

And if the baby is born alive after a botched abortion? Kill it anyway.

How far are we really from legalized murder of anyone? I think it's a fair question. This is about as close as you can get. These people are sick.

Why stop there? The mother should have the right to terminate the life of the child up to its 18th birthday. WOMENS RIGHTS!

The Following User Likes This Post:

Next stop........euthansia for one's elderly parents who have outlived their usefullness.
    You lost. Get over it.

Disgusting. Hard to believe, actually. The part about removing protections for babies born alive make this a slam dunk Supreme Court challenge. Love the way democrats label things the opposite of effect of their bills - Reproductive Health Act.

Yes, the baby was murdered under Reproductive Health Act.

I just read the text of the bill and didn't see the broad definition of "health" as described..
    § 2599-bb. Abortion. 1. A health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting within his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when, according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health.
    ..and didn't see where protections for babies born alive are removed. Looked like thrust of the bill was to remove any flavor of personhood from the unborn child. So killing a pregnant women in NY carries no additional charges as a result of the death of the baby.

I don't agree with the changes in the bill, but exaggerated descriptions of it don't help the cause. Maybe there is more text to the bill, but this is what I found - https://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_...&Memo=Y&Text=Y

We should be able to abort the people who are for this.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I have no words. I mean, what the Fuck can you say to these people? Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Next stop........euthansia for one's elderly parents who have outlived their usefullness.
    Does supporting one's useless as tits on a boar millennial offspring qualify as 'useful'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I just left the parts in the story that matter. These parts prove that it was never about women's health.

And allowing non-doctors to perform any type of abortion? Yeah I can't see any lawsuits coming out of that.

And if the baby is born alive after a botched abortion? Kill it anyway.

How far are we really from legalized murder of anyone? I think it's a fair question. This is about as close as you can get. These people are sick.
    I'm parroting this but it was a great point I read. They'll recognize a little bacteria on the surface of Mars as life before they'll recognize the fetus as life.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I used to be pro-choice. That didn't stop me from feeling that my mothers' TWO abortions robbed me of two siblings. I'll never forget trying to reason with her that it would be ok to have the baby. That we would find the means to support this sibling. She would have none of it. I'm sure she puts them in her bucket of "i did the best i could" bullshit. I somewhat bought that line until i had children of my own. Once i had my oldest daughter the offhand get out of jail free card held no weight. I no longer accepted that she had done the best she could with what she had.

Probably some liberal plot to reduce the number of Puerto Ricans in NY. You do know liberals are the biggest closet-racists in the world?
    Last edited by Stoney; 01-24-2019 at 02:57 PM.

I've said this elsewhere today, and I'm saddened by where we have gone as a people. I don't say as a country. Or as a society. As humans.

This is a stain on the entirety of humanity.

Sarge is right, where does this stop now?

It is the perfect definition and example of the "slippery slope." We used to debate when life began. Was it at inception? At 6 weeks? 14? Those arguments are dead now, like hundreds of millions of these discarded fetuses. The slippery slope worked. The Liberals won a landslide decision in Roe v Wade. That wasn't enough. Argued more. Worked the political system. And 36 years later, they now are able to abort any child until the day prior to birth.

It won't stop there. Next will be the arguments that children with ADD, or those born mentally retarded can be extinguished. The elderly.

Somewhere Dr. Kevorkian smiles.

The slide on the slippery slope will continue. And soon, in the years to come, we will debate with Liberals here and elsewhere why the mother...or the parents...or the children have the right to ask for the killing of their own living relatives or offspring.

If Roe v Wade was struck down tomorrow, it would have zero effect on this state law. But that doesn't stop Dems from using that as a boogie man to fund raise

I've said before here my daughters were born at 27 weeks. They fought to survive They cried at needle sticks, they were comforted by being held, they had unique personalities that I can still see in them somewhat even at age 18. Around us in the NICU were babies born at 25, 24 weeks...all fighting for survival with praying, hoping families and teams of doctors and nurses working 24/7 to help them make it.

The thought that anyone thinks it's ok to slaughter a baby (and in the most horrific manner imaginable, without anesthesia) like this is simply unfathomable to me. I can't see how a doctor could ever do it. I can't see how someone carrying that baby could ever do it. And their justification is "it's not a baby, it's a fetus". Just because it's inside of a uterus and not outside of one.

What kind of delusional mind do you have to have to be able to tell yourself that.
    Last edited by oneforthebus; 01-24-2019 at 10:32 AM.

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

“We’re saying that here in New York, women’s decisions matter.”

Well, except for those that resulted in her getting pregnant.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    I've said before here my daughters were born at 27 weeks. They fought to survive They cried at needle sticks, they were comforted by being held, they had unique personalities that I can still see in them somewhat even at age 18. Around us in the NICU were babies born at 25, 24 weeks...all fighting for survival with praying, hoping families and teams of doctors and nurses working 24/7 to help them make it.

The thought that anyone thinks it's ok to slaughter a baby (and in the most horrific manner imaginable, without anesthesia) like this is simply unfathomable to me. I can't see how a doctor could ever do it. I can't see how someone carrying that baby could ever do it. And their justification is "it's not a baby, it's a fetus". Just because it's inside of a uterus and not outside of one.

What kind of delusional mind do you have to have to be able to tell yourself that.
    You’re just being selfish. Think of all the money spent on that NICU and the hours worked by Doctors and nurses for 1 baby when they could have treated 50 illegal immigrants instead.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

What are you conservatives whining about? There is clear proof of life in late term pregnancies... the Dems just served up the perfect counter to Roe Vs Wade on a silver platter to a conservative supreme court that really cannot ignore it... states don’t have the right to terminate self sustaining lifes on whims... its really why old school abortion proponents never fought too hard for this....

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    What are you conservatives whining about? There is clear proof of life in late term pregnancies... the Dems just served up the perfect counter to Roe Vs Wade on a silver platter to a conservative supreme court that really cannot ignore it... states don’t have the right to terminate self sustaining lifes on whims... its really why old school abortion proponents never fought too hard for this....
    I can only hope you're right, but I'm not hopeful.