Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 149 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3168

Thread: 2018-19 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    I will say this. That watching the stress free non Pens has been fun. I hope the Pens are watching too. There is a lot of consistency in the styles that are winning.
    I think Rutherford sees there is a lot of work to get them in the same ballpark as the rest of the PO field. If there's a disconnect with some of their stars with Sully and the coaching staff, I expect changes. The door with Sid is closing.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Blog Entries
    Eh Pens will be alright down the road.
    They had glimpses of really taking over and carrying play against the Isles.

The lack of....passion; that's what killed our boys this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    I think Rutherford sees there is a lot of work to get them in the same ballpark as the rest of the PO field. If there's a disconnect with some of their stars with Sully and the coaching staff, I expect changes. The door with Sid is closing.
    All these articles being written aren't without foundation. Star players that won't buy into the team system aren't stars. JR is using the media to help him shop. I'm OK with some movement. As Madden says " you need to move declining players before they are spent ". The build up to the draft will be interesting. The organization needs a youth injection to remain competitive.

JMM

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post

There is a talent issue as well. You don't get beat 4-0 to a team that is down 2-0 to the Canes without some talent issues. The Isles aren't that good. They were off a week while Carolina played a brutal 7 game series with the Caps and only had 2 days off. The Pens were bad in the playoffs. Yes, not much passion but some of that was realizing they didn't have the players for a deep run. The don't have the grinders nor the play makers. This team ,as it is, could play in the playoffs for 10 years and never sniff a cup.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post

I respect your outlook but they need to get a lot more physical before they can compete against the playoff field. They are closer to the Cup than a few others but after watching what this year's playoff teams are bringing, they have a long way to go before they can get back to the top. Need to get younger, tougher, stronger, and hungrier.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Alright, Canes are back up by 1.

Over
    Hope there’s a cool celebration

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

That's all she wrote and the fans go wild!

Well the Canes may very well make the SCF if they keep this up.

Blog Entries
    I agree with you guys that the Pens need to toughen up.
    3rd and 4th lines were duct tape lines. If Cullen leaves that opens up potential for a grittier, younger, hungrier centerman to perhaps compliment Garret Wilson.

Malkin needs a winger too. I'd write off Kessel and/or Letang.
    I don't think the Pens are far off

Blog Entries
    Oh and go Canes(2019 playoffs)

The Isles are about to get swept. WTF Pens? This is borderline embarrassing. Hence, I think there will be big changes and needed.

The Isles are about to get swept. WTF Pens? This is borderline embarrassing. Hence, I think there will be big changes and needed.
    The Pens need to be physical yet smart. Those 2 cup winning teams had grit but they also had timely goal scoring and good defense. It was hard to play against them.

Part of that disconnect is with Sid as well, and between Rutherford and Sully, Rutherford brings guys in that Sully doesn't like/want. How the hell do yo expect the team to buy in when the coach and GM aren't even on the same page. Sid not wanting to play with Horny, who we just gave big money to, is ridiculous. It's the best for this team to have horny with Sid and Jake, yet Sid doesn't like playing with Horny, so we'll pay him 5 million to play 3rd line minutes, but yeah it's all on Geno and Letang.
    Trading Malkin away would be dumb, power play sucks without him, Sid isn't that good without him. Trade Kessel, try to get a good winger for Malkin, someone that plays 200 ft with speed and put Horny with him as well.

A good measure of where Makin is at in his career will be at the World Championships. He should be playing with a crazy talented roster. Where they slot him and his ice time is will be interesting. From some recent media quotes, Malkin is aware he had a lousy season. I doubt he will ever change his game but we'll see. A friend of mine interviewed him for one of the articles. His feelings are that if it get's too uncomfortable Malkin will just go back to Russia.

Carolina forced the Isles to pull their starting goal tender. 3-1 Canes with about 15 minutes to play in the 2nd period.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Trading Malkin away would be dumb, power play sucks without him, Sid isn't that good without him. Trade Kessel, try to get a good winger for Malkin, someone that plays 200 ft with speed and put Horny with him as well.
    Penguins fans continue to be the only fans I've seen that continually want to trade away the teams best players. Will never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Penguins fans continue to be the only fans I've seen that continually want to trade away the teams best players. Will never understand that.
    They aren't going to trade Malkin, Sid or Letang. Won't happen. And the probably shouldn't. But they need help and you have to trade something to get something. That or sign some FAs.

Blog Entries
    Lol. Suck it islanders

‘Canes sweep
    Only thing that would make it sweeter if they were still wearing these

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...e10_grande.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

JMM