Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3168

Thread: 2018-19 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Caps are out. Now I can enjoy the playoffs.
    Ha, if you are going in, you can take my place. That was one hell of a series. I found myself getting charged up pulling for the Canes and against the Caps. You'd think the Pens were playing if you were in my basement. Now that the Caps are done, not sure there's much hockey left in my tank but I will be pulling for Carolina.

Just glad those d-bags are done for the year and their fans can once again feel what it's like to lose in the early rounds of the Playoffs.

The Following User Likes This Post:

I am rooting for the Avs going forward, but hope Carolina continues to play well. That market needs it. I have been to Pens games in that building that were easily 75% Pens fans. Those fans deserve a winner. Been too long.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I'm amazed CAR pulled that off. Whooo, felt like a Pens W. Now, if I can press my luck and have BOS bounced, I will not care who hoists the Cup. Hell, the Blues never have won it, so why not? I think they are good enough. Honestly, it's been quite exciting so far and look forward to Round 2.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Caps are out. Now I can enjoy the playoffs.
    It will be interesting to see how the Jackets and Islanders come off this long lay up. Have to think the Bruins are in the drivers seat now with the other top teams gone. I will be pulling for the Jackets tonight. I still think they are the team that will give everyone left fits.

Watching the Washington and Carolina series you really see why we did noting this year in the play offs. Physical, not allowing easy entrance across blue line, desire, we just had none of these things to much this year.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by black and gold apex View Post
    Watching the Washington and Carolina series you really see why we did noting this year in the play offs. Physical, not allowing easy entrance across blue line, desire, we just had none of these things to much this year.
    Exactly. Lacking of desire seemed to be the issue. Carolina doesn't have more talent than the Pens, it looked like they wanted it more and played as a team. Hearing what the lockerrom was like during the year, the coaches and players are on two different pages. I do think Malkin, Letang and Kessel are untouchable and the problem.

JMM

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    Exactly. Lacking of desire seemed to be the issue. Carolina doesn't have more talent than the Pens, it looked like they wanted it more and played as a team. Hearing what the lockerrom was like during the year, the coaches and players are on two different pages. I do think Malkin, Letang and Kessel are untouchable and the problem.
    For what it is worth just heard on the Fan the Pens are open to offers on all 3 of them. Realistically I can only see Kessel being moved but the Pens better be careful here or they are going to be left behind by the younger faster teams with more desire. I get what they all have meant over the years to the franchise but injuries and age are becoming a factor with these guys.

JMM

Quote Originally Posted by str8liner View Post
    For what it is worth just heard on the Fan the Pens are open to offers on all 3 of them. Realistically I can only see Kessel being moved but the Pens better be careful here or they are going to be left behind by the younger faster teams with more desire. I get what they all have meant over the years to the franchise but injuries and age are becoming a factor with these guys.
    It's time to re-tool to get faster, tougher and hungrier players in here. Those three have won Cups and have enough money. Let them go to Vegas, LA or Anaheim for fresh starts. Malkin is too fat and happy here. His sporatic play confirms it.
    Last edited by thesteelcity; 04-25-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    It's time to re-tool to get faster, tougher and hungrier players in here. Those three have won Cups and have enough money. Let them go to Vegas, LA or Anaheim for fresh starts. Malkin is too fat and happy here. His sporatic play confirms it.
    Absofreakinlutely. That stretch of games he was not in the lineup, yep the PP declined, but their overall game seemed to be much better. Primarily because there were not the shit ton of turnovers and stupid penalties. Get something for him while you still can if possible.

Want Stars/Jackets final with Stars in 7
    I know Iím weird

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Double loser in game ones

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

of malkin, letang, and kessel i would definitely move letang. malkin and kessel at least score, but letang just does not play his position well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    of malkin, letang, and kessel i would definitely move letang. malkin and kessel at least score, but letang just does not play his position well.
    Agreed. What's sad is Letang has the physical tangibles to be really great, but his decision making brings him down.

Canes had a nice win last night in NY. I am rooting for them moving forward.
    You lost. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Canes had a nice win last night in NY. I am rooting for them moving forward.
    I wish I had watched it but forgot it was on. 1-0 win in OT. No doubt it must have been a defensive battle.

The Isles has a ton of 10 bell chances last, but Mrazek stood tall. I don’t think Mrazek will be that good every night, so the Canes are gonna have to score some goals. I’d like to see the Canes win it, but I got the Isles in 6.

Watching CBJ and BOS. BOS is hitting about everything in sight. I thought WAS liked to hit.. GO CBJ!

CBJ tied it up but BOS went back on top just a few seconds later.. There's going to be some sore bastards after this game/series is over

U18 Men;s Worlds. USA vs Russia tied 2-2. Scoreless OT and headed to a shootout.

A bunch of nice prospects in this game. Some of the mock drafts had Caufield falling to the Pens. He is a really small forward but he sure can shoot the puck.