Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com2019 NHL Stadium Series Gear Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2336

Thread: 2018-19 Penguins and NHL Offseason

  1. #2201
    I didn't get to watch,but 5-0 and everyone's comments above tell the story. All smiles! Onward &upward.

  2. #2202
    The game plan was clearly a puck control focus. We had that game from the drop.

    Nice to see this team, this time of year.
    The NFL is fixed

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  3. #2203
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    You're banned from watching until the victory parade!!
    I just want to say that I take credit for this win.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  4. #2204
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    I just want to say that I take credit for this win.
    I was out too. Got to listen to the last period. Sounded like a great game. Maybe we shouldn't get too worked up during the season. Looks like they have another gear when the playoffs are near
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  5. #2205
    It was Buffalo. They are on a 8 game slide after a red hot start. Pens are putting together a lot of wins and few losses. Playing much much better. But shutting out a Buffalo team that looks to have quit isn’t what I would call finding another gear. Be excited, sure. I am just tempering that excitement because I know the Pens still are capable of a couple stinkers, and who knows what happens when the playoffs start.

  6. #2206
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    It was Buffalo. They are on a 8 game slide after a red hot start. Pens are putting together a lot of wins and few losses. Playing much much better. But shutting out a Buffalo team that looks to have quit isn’t what I would call finding another gear. Be excited, sure. I am just tempering that excitement because I know the Pens still are capable of a couple stinkers, and who knows what happens when the playoffs start.
    I agree but the Pens would possibly have lost this game a couple weeks ago. Seems like they couldn't get past teams they should have dominated.
    No Steeler Chili for you 6 weeks!

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  7. #2207
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I agree but the Pens would possibly have lost this game a couple weeks ago. Seems like they couldn't get past teams they should have dominated.
    So many times they lost to teams with bad records this year, gave up leads in the 3rd, or just flat out got dominated we all thought they would be dead in the first round or possibly not make the playoffs a month ago. I can't say I have cup aspirations just yet because Tampa is just too damn good, but its starting to look like they might be the team in the east nobody wants to play in the first round.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  8. #2208
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    It was Buffalo. They are on a 8 game slide after a red hot start. Pens are putting together a lot of wins and few losses. Playing much much better. But shutting out a Buffalo team that looks to have quit isn’t what I would call finding another gear. Be excited, sure. I am just tempering that excitement because I know the Pens still are capable of a couple stinkers, and who knows what happens when the playoffs start.
    I'm getting excited over every point they get. The Crosby-Malkin era won't last forever. What the team is doing with several key players injured is far better than I expected. The playoffs aren't a given just yet. I'm going to enjoy the run as long as it lasts. The performance of the Florida Boys, Gudbranson, Trotman and Murray has been uplifting. I like surprises and the past several weeks has been just that.


    Yes, I have a hockey problem. Going again tomorrow.

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  9. #2209
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I was out too. Got to listen to the last period. Sounded like a great game. Maybe we shouldn't get too worked up during the season. Looks like they have another gear when the playoffs are near
    I think they will be ok.
    That win against Washington gave me some hope.
    They are winning games now they should be winning.


    You and I have some magic I guess.
    :)

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  10. #2210
    Not ready yet to call them Cup worthy but they are playing better. Playoffs are different because there are fewer penalties calls and much more defense being played. Kessel is doing better but he's disappeared most of the year. I still worry about the defense overall. They give up a ton of shots to good teams like the Caps. At least now they have a chance in the playoffs. I feel much better than I did just a couple weeks ago.

  11. #2211
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    I'm getting excited over every point they get. The Crosby-Malkin era won't last forever. What the team is doing with several key players injured is far better than I expected. The playoffs aren't a given just yet. I'm going to enjoy the run as long as it lasts. The performance of the Florida Boys, Gudbranson, Trotman and Murray has been uplifting. I like surprises and the past several weeks has been just that.


    Yes, I have a hockey problem. Going again tomorrow.
    I’m not trying to poo-poo the Penguins’ improved play. I have just seen the roller coaster this season, and while their play of late is encouraging, this team is capable of playing uninspired hockey at the drop of a hat it seems. They have a pretty tough go of it for the remainder of the schedule, and how that goes could be a decent predictor of playoff performance. I am hoping for a good lengthy run, and my optimism is tempered at this point because of how this team looks in stretches, alternating excellence with dog shit. If they close the season strong, I like their chances. Just gotta find a way to sustain the excellence.

  12. #2212
    Good thing that the Blues don't have their leading scorer in there today.

    Looks like we need puck control drills this week.
    The NFL is fixed

  13. #2213
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    Way too many turnovers in our own zone or neutral ice.
    Gotta get better at that. Offensive rushes and offensive zone time has looked promising

  14. #2214
    Oh no, we suck again!!

  15. #2215

  16. #2216
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    So many offensive opportunities and nothing to show for.
    DeSmith is looking solid after Murray getting pulled

  17. #2217
    Getting pasted 5-1. Well my enthusiasm was short lived. Hope they're saving it for the orange blossoms tomorrow. The last game left me pissed off.

  18. #2218
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    That goalie for St. Louis is a beast.

  19. #2219
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    That goalie for St. Louis is a beast.
    Were you and JMM watching again?!?! We talked about this already!
    The NFL is fixed

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  20. #2220
    Member
    MTC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Were you and JMM watching again?!?! We talked about this already!
    I take responsibility for the loss fellers.
    We need JMM's lucky frosted glass

    The Following User Likes This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation