Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 3,041 to 3,052 of 3052

Thread: 2018-19 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    They are liable to get swept again. Maybe it was the competition, you know, some teams just don't match up, but Boston just looks light years ahead of STL. Fast, more skilled, can play a physical game and their goalie is playing lights out. But then, every series is different, so I guess we will see.

I am seeing that the SCF doesn't start until Monday? Holy shit, that is a long layoff. Oh well, hope it is a good series.
    Well if San Jose would have win game 7 would have been Thursday and only a three day rest

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm happy for the Blues. Just hope they can spank the B's. Should be a good series. From where STL came from this season and having an intrim HC, great story. Now, they need to finish the story.

Every team that has swept a team this year has lost the following series.... hope that stays true.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    I'm happy for the Blues. Just hope they can spank the B's. Should be a good series. From where STL came from this season and having an intrim HC, great story. Now, they need to finish the story.
    Anyone know if they made a ton of moves or did the new coach make them a winner? Could be similar to Bylsma's spark that got the Pens going in 09

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Anyone know if they made a ton of moves or did the new coach make them a winner? Could be similar to Bylsma's spark that got the Pens going in 09
    IIRC, they made a few moves, but nothing like what some teams did. I think the HC change helped a lot. They have been good, but with the addition of Bozak in the off-season, put them in a good position. They do mirror the Pens in '16 with their rookie goalie and rolling four lines. The same thing can be said about the Bruins, too.

The Following User Likes This Post:

JMM

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    Saw this earlier. If they are looking to move JJ, re-signing Ruhwedel to a two year one way deal earlier today makes some sense, I guess.

Ruhwedel for 700K works for me, minimal risk. Not much of an upside but his game looked somewhat improved before he got hurt.

Looks like Kessel is going to veto the trade rumored trade with the Wild. Zucker + Rask for J.J. and Kessel wasn't much of a gain. More like addition by subtraction.

I'm not impressed with Rask. We are giving up a lot with Phil's production compared to the two players coming back. Sure, taking JJ and his salary is nice, plus they would get younger, but the 92 points and 82 points they would be losing is glaring. Can GMJR do better than this Wild deal? I think I would have to test those waters.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Kessel is good as gone, but the Pens can do better with him trade wise.

Rask is horrible, about as horrible as JJ. Rutherford drafted Rask in Carolina and we all have seen how much he likes to dip in his old well. I agree, Kessel is all but gone.

I'm glad they have figured out that JJ needs to go but don't sell the farm to do it.

Watched Malkin in the World's and he has looked great. He's playing with confidence and his passing has been sharp. He's only committed a few dumb turnovers. Playing like he has got something to prove and I hope this carries over to the NHL season.

Go Blues! Kill the stanky chowda bears.